My name is Jason Delaney and I am from Antigonish, Nova Scotia. I began playing guitar at the age of 11. I have played in a few small rock bands throughout my high school years and performed a few shows in my hometown. I started playing classical guitar in high school and began my formal music education in 2001 at Dalhousie University in Halifax.
While in a Bachelor of Music Program at Dalhousie, I studied under Mr. Douglas Reach, an internationally acclaimed guitarist and instructor. I later moved to Alberta and finished my music education while at the University of Calgary under the guidance of Mr. Jacob Salomons, known as one of Canada's premier guitar instructors. I have performed at several small concerts as a solo artist, a duo member and as part of 2 guitar orchestras while in university. I have also participated in several guitar masterclasses with world-renowned guitarists and was invited to the Christopher Parkening Annual Masterclass in Montana in 2002. I have played several weddings and other public events in Halifax and Calgary as a solo artist and as part of larger ensembles.
I am a professional classical guitarist available for wedding ceremonies and other events in and around Calgary, Alberta. Although based out of Calgary, I am willing to travel throughout the area including Banff to accommodate my customers. I play various styles of guitar including classical, Spanish, Latin and South American music. I have played arrangements of popular music for clients and I look forward to hearing if you have anything special in mind. If you like, I can build a song list for your occasion based on your wishes or we can collaborate and come up with something together.
I firmly believe that classical guitar music adds an intimate feeling to wedding ceremonies and isn’t overbearing...because after all, a wedding isn't about the musician, it's about the bride and groom! For churches and chapels, classical guitar provides just the right amount of personality to set the ambience. However, for the larger or outdoor venue, I provide electronic amplification to ensure there is just the right amount of presence.
For cocktail hours, dinners, corporate events other public occasions I provide guitar music as background entertainment. I am, however, flexible and will accommodate reasonable requests for service.
"We invited Jason Delaney of Musica Con Brio to play at our recent team retreat! We wanted to have some background music during our luncheon. Jason was very accommodating and the perfect choice. He created a relaxing and pleasant atmosphere, by playing various classical and contemporary pieces. We would recommend him for any special event”.- Home Care Seniors Central
"Jason recently played at our ceremony and was a huge hit! The music selection we gave to Jason was a variety from Rock to Classical to Country. He was a pleasure to work with from our first meeting to our wedding day. Jason, we are so happy that we met you and that you helped make our special day even more amazing. Once again, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You truly are a gifted musician".- Joleen & Ryan (August 25, 2012)
"Thank you for being a big part of why our Wedding Day was so perfect".- Sochhoeun & Josh (August 11, 2012)
"We just wanted to say thank you for your musical talent yesterday. Everyone has been raving about the music - it was beautiful. I will definitely recommend you to my clients!"- Erin & James (August 17, 2012)
"Thank you so much for your fabulous contribution to our wedding ceremony".- Axinia & Bjoern (September 15, 2012)
"I just wanted to say 'thank you' for the amazing job you did the day of our wedding. I very much appreciated the fact that you learned the songs we wanted and you played them perfectly. It was so much better than having a speaker and iPod to walk down the aisle to. Our guests really enjoyed it as did we. Thank you again. I will definitely recommend you to anyone looking for ceremony music."- Kaicee & Travis (September 22, 2012)
"Chad and I just wanted to thank you for being a part of our special day. You truly have a God-given gift and we are so blessed that you could share your gift with us. Thank you so much!"- Paige & Chad (September 23, 2012)
"Thanks so much for your inspiring guitar recital. Loved it all. If we have any future need of a guitarist we will be sure to refer or call you."- Chris & Dan (September 28, 2012)
"Thank you Jason!! Yesterday was absolutely amazing and your music put it over the top for us! I just loved listening to 'A Thousand Years' as my sister was walking down the aisle. It was so nice to take a few moments hearing that just before I started. We wanted to let you know how fabulous we thought you were as did our guests. Thank you again for being a part of our special day!"- Tanya & Chris (October 05, 2012)
"Thank you so much for the amazing music this past weekend. Our family and friends loved it."- Lindsey & Scott (October 13, 2012)
- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
- Prelude No. 1 from 'The Well-Tempered Clavier'
- Prelude from 'Cello Suite No. 1'
- Air on a G String
- Minuet in G
- Sleepers, Awake!
- Largo from 'Concerto for Lute'
- Largo from 'The Four Seasons' (Winter)
- Sarabande in D minor w. variations
- Minuet in D
- Canon in D
- Marcia Nupcial (Wedding March) from 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'
- Dedicatoria from 'Cuentos de le Juventud'
- Julia Florida (Barcarole)
- Cavatina from 'The Deer Hunter'
- Parranda from 'The Latin Suite'
- Hommage a Joaquin Rodrigo
- I Miss You
- I'm Sorry
- The Beach
- I'll Be There
- I Dream Of You
- I'm Calling You
- I Will Wait For You
- While You Were Sleeping
- You Make Me Smile Inside
- What Can I Do To Be With You?
- Coffee Break in Barcelona
- River Flows In You
- Hana (Flower)
- Comptine d'un Autre Ete: L'apres-midi from 'Amelie'
- Romanza (Spanish Romance)
- Afro-Cuban Lullaby
- Catalonian Song
Popular Music Arrangements for solo guitar:
- Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles (arr. Delaney)
- Here, There & Everywhere - The Beatles (arr. P. Kindgren)
- My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (arr. S. Jung)
- I Won’t Give Up - Jason Mraz (arr. S. Jung)
- A Thousand Years (Inspired by 'Breaking Dawn') - Christina Perri (arr. S. Jung)
- Can’t Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley (arr. Delaney)
- Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine (arr. Delaney)
- I Wanna Grow Old With You ('The Wedding Singer') - Adam Sandler (arr. Delaney)
- Someone Like You - Adele (arr. S. Jung)
- Can You Feel The Love Tonight? - Elton John (arr. J. Swanson/Delaney)
- Dust In The Wind - Kansas (arr. S. Jung)
- The Rose - Amanda McBroom (alla) Bette Midler (arr. S. Jung)
- You Raise Me Up - Traditional (alla) Westlife (arr. S. Jung)
- With or Without You - U2 (arr. J. Stotzem)
- Over The Rainbow - ('The Wizard of Oz') - Harold Arlen (arr. L. Almeida)
- Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head - Burt Bacharach (arr. P. Kindgren)
- Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx (arr. U. Boegershausen)
- Endless Love - Lionel Richie & Diana Ross (arr. Delaney)
- Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin (arr. M. Pernica)
- Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen (arr. Delaney)
- What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong (arr. Delaney)
- Fields of Gold - Sting (arr. S. Jung) ready Nov. 2012
- The Girl - City & Colour (arr. Delaney) ready 2013
- 'The Godfather' Love Theme - Nino Rota (arr. K. Valleau)
- Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (arr. K. Valleau) ready Nov. 2012
- Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan (arr. U. Boegershausen)
Christmas music repertoire coming in November!
Wedding package prices start at $300 and include 30 minutes of entertainment while your guests are arriving, all the music for your ceremony and up to 15 minutes of Postlude music as you and your guests depart.
For cocktail hour entertainment or other special occasions, rates begin at $200 for the first hour. If you are booking a wedding ceremony AND pre-reception entertainment then prices are negotiable. Deposits are required.
I will consider special requests with minimum 6 weeks advance notice and additional costs are applicable in some cases.
I don’t charge extra for additional equipment I may require, within reason, and I don't charge for travel expenses within Calgary and Airdrie. I am happy to travel throughout most of Southern Alberta so contact me for a quote on travel costs.
Please contact me for details or if you have any other questions at all.